Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Everything's Alright

The sun is hitting through my blinds
Sifting through piles of white crumpled laundry
Your t-shirts are mixed in mine
And sometimes I swear you're too quick to forget

That job, it pulls you
But I can't stop remembering the night we met
You forget all we do
We've been fighting for this exact moment

And when I hear you say
"Nothings going right,"
I want to run away
Just tell me baby, everything'll be alright

We've made it through my ex-boyfriends and broken hearts
That one fight that almost tore us apart
And the time your pride took you away from me
We've made it through empty bank accounts
And big bills, and every bad rumor we've had to kill
But I know
All this effort just makes me see
Everything's alright when you're next to me

I remember two years ago & before you
When I woke up to every bad day
This is nothing to pain that I once knew
Your eyes now make it all okay

So when you're yelling, so damn frustrated
Can't you see the good in every day?
Our Sunday drives? Our love-filled life?
Tell me you're not runnin' away

I hate to hear you say
"Nothings going right,"
Look out to our whole lives
Just tell me baby, everything'll be alright

We've made it through your ex-girlfriends and broken trust
That one week that almost broke us
And the time my fears almost made me run
We've made it through false friends
And long work weeks, and every cut we've had to mend
But I know
All this effort just makes me see
Everything's alright when you're next to me

No comments: