Friday, September 21, 2012

Pillows

I dreamt about you last night
No idea why, I guess you just popped into my head
And all once agan, I hated you
I hid from you, I didn't even want to see your face

I still don't know why we happened
Or what happened, or what I did wrong
In my dream, you still looked the same
Blue-eyed, sitting on your bedroom floor

And in that loft, over your parents' living room
Is where I first felt your hand on my skin
Not in the kind of soft way you usually did
But instead pushing hard into it

And I still don't know what I did wrong
But be too good for you
And I still don't kjnow why I deserved it
But take care of you

And when I woke up this morning I tried to wash you out again
In my boyfriend's bed, I suffocated you in his pillows
But all the same, I don't know if you ever changed
And the bruises still haven't healed

And I remember your truck, orange and white, in my folks' driveway
Or your borrowed car, from your grandpa, doing burnouts away from me
Slamming my parents' door that last night we truly loved
As you drove, you drove so recklessly

And again, I still don't know what I did wrong
What did I do to deserve this, to deserve you?
You changed your mind, about a hundred times
And I'm moving on still

But that one dream brought you back
That one dream reminded me of how everything reminds me of you
Suffocated you in my boyfriend's pillows
Moving on from you

Still is hard to move on from you.

No comments: