Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sleep

Folded quilts
On your old couch
Broken in
From years of use
Brown paisley print
And dark, chipped wood
Holds us together
Like ink in a pen

We press the buttons
Just to undo
The ones down your chest
Holding in your skin
Your hand is rough
But feels good
Like those heavy quilts
Pressed to my back

The weight feels fine
Makes me feel home
Your lights are dim
Your TV's on
I look good in the glow
You say with a smile
Your eyes keep with mine
Drawing lines into your temples

You push my hair
And pull my arms
Wrap them across my chest
You curl me in them
Your chin kisses my shoulder
Like a shadow on the wall
Wood planks just line
The room I love

Just kiss me one more time so slow, so slow
I don't want to go home just yet
Just pretend we'll stay awake a few more minutes
I'll lie, say I didn't mean to sleep in your bed

Let's just sleep in this southern state.

No comments: