Thursday, November 15, 2007

Airplanes

It seems that all these dreams
They never take me anywhere
But laying in your arms tonight
Is taking me everywhere

And this airport is like the ones you see in the movies
Where he's chasing his lover as she's leaving
And when you look at me that way
I know I'm going to spend everyday
Chasing you; I gotta keep you from leaving

And when you tell me, you wish I was there
"It would of brought us closer,"
Well, baby, now you're everywhere

And I don't know, how I spent these days
At this airport, just watching the planes
And now in the night, I swear that one's a star
But you're telling me, it's not that far, it's not that far

You think that maybe, well just maybe,
You could take me that far
Please, take me far
"Don't leave me..." And now I'm begging...
I wonder if you ever see the everything you are to me.

I've told everyone before that I can't write about love
Until it falls apart, which it always does.
It's always so cheesy, I swear I've hear that before.
But no words can explain what happens when I open my door.
I am breathless, and I can't speak.
I wonder if you know that you make me weak.

The last man I gave my everything
Well he just walked away.
But even if you turned around right now,
It'd never be okay.
You're my last plane,
My last flight home.
This is that night at Sons.
This is that message on the phone.
This is next to a pond.
This is waking up with you.
This is the sun at the pool,
And our first dance too.

Don't walk away.
I hope I never miss you.
I hope I never miss you.
And if you walk away,
I'll be right behind you.
I swear I'll chase your plane.

No comments: