Thursday, November 15, 2007

Transit

I've got your heart
Hanging around by my throat
And mine
Is just dangling inside.
You broke my tears
No, they won't come anymore
I think they fell
Just too many times
And I sing Bruised
On the bus home at night
Those blue lights
They drown us all out
The passengers sway
When we make the turns
We're all emotionless
We've all been burned
I took my paycheck
Spent it on green and a bottle
Spent the night
On a cold bed
I took my letter
And sent it your way
I know you'll read it
And think this is the end
Well I sing Bruised
On the bus home at night
He's singing to traffic lights
And those big rimmed cars
The passengers watch
As I thank the driver and leave
What this all means
I'm not really sure
So I took a walk
And remembered how we met
And how we ended
The first go around
You spent your last night
In the passenger seat of my car
You laid it back
So I could get on you
Now we're both so far
Away from each other
We're breaking our hearts
With every lonely moon
So now I'm singing Cash
Feeling those prison blues
It's on the news
It's a Goddamn war.
It's the sun burning
My neck in January
It's much too warm here
Something's wrong.
So I sing Bruised
On the bus home at night
Those blue lights
They drown us all out
The passengers sway
When we make the turns
Driver, can you save me?
What's there to learn?

No comments: