Thursday, November 15, 2007

Materials

The velvet is crushed,
like the heart I have in store for you.
He painted pictures of bleeding lace,
and colored my eyes with paintings of you.

You once were some sort of idol
shaking upon your golden stand.
The winter wind left me grasping,
as only a broken doll can.

I smiled and cried with tears of gold
Reflecting in your misty light.
But then as I fell I hit the stand,
it chipped away--blinding black in my sight.

The gold you gave me, it was only plated.
The shaking soon became a quake,
and the chip spread and cracked into a web
of lies I made only for your sake.

The woven webs broke slowly down,
and you crashed upon your face.
The gold became a rusted shatter,
and the webs broke into a lace.

The bleeding lace wrapped itself
around and strangles my heart.
You crush the velvet with your forgetfulness,
and I've always let you tear me apart.

How dare you deceive me with your sins?
You forget and forget and create this play.
Do you not remember the pain,
as all your gold wore away?

And the shimmer inside me
was dimmed when your denying shine.
But you were only plated
and the words were all only lines.

And the velvet remains crushed.
Only the bleeding lace faded away.
But he painted pictures of our pain
that around my heart still remain.

How dare you deceive me with your sins?
You forget and forget and create this play.
Do you not remember the pain,
as all your gold wore away?

No comments: