Thursday, November 15, 2007

Empty

I spent last night with four different bottles
I begged them not to judge me,
Like a stripper to a model.

You spent the night in my sky
Like that Goddamn shooting star.
You were there a second, you didn't go far

I turned the light off, turned off the memories
I lit up that green
It was making love to me.

I wonder sometimes
Past the pouring guitar
The broken fiddle, the shooting star.

Guess it doesn't matter, the geniuses are always twisted
I had something there
But then again, you missed it.

Climbing up that tree like I was five
Past my carved name
It twisted past the fence, never tamed

Can you beg me once more?
You're banging down my door.
It never seems to end.
I put my foot down, this is the end.
This story's old, but
It goes on & on until we disappear.
It's fading fast.
Let the bottle wither it away.

No comments: