Thursday, November 15, 2007

Stuttering

You pour on me
Like a summer rain
It's the ride of my life
On your silver train
You're like the highest drop
On a mountain peak
It's like a drunken pill
Making me dizzy and weak
You crush my fears
Like a boxer’s blow
It's watching the sun
Come down to a glow
It's like the pounding
Of a child's heartbeat
It's like the coolness
Of waves at my feet
It's like a silent butterfly
Sweeping through air
Like the exploding fireworks
At the county fair
Like talking to the stars
Perfect and spanning above
It's the hungry wanting
Of your first love
As bright as the pictures
Showing in my brain
Vibrant scenes of myself
Crazy in love, insane
It's like these words
Being choked inside
How can I express
These thoughts in my mind?
How can I explain
What I feel about you?
I'm so afraid of this love
Like a wish come true
It's like that one dream
That I craved to be real
How could I put in plain words
How my love for you feels?

No comments: